The following idea comes from Livia Pewtress (http://learnlivefly.com), shared with permission.
[There] are a few … things we do to help keep the light and connection in our home, and not have our family time hijacked by technology:
- Devices charge in the kitchen and in the loft, not in bedrooms.
- All devices are plugged in and off by 9 pm (we are not perfect, but trying)
- Mom/Dad have the passwords and can look at them at any time.
- They do not use apps that have not been approved
- We limit the games available to educational ones
- No technology until we have had breakfast/devotional (not perfect here either)
- Priority on family meal times – tech-free
- Engage in uplifting tech with them (we snuggle and read together. Between books/chapters, we watch Random Acts, How things work, and other inspirational content… then discuss what it takes to get things done, celebrate the genius of others and find ways we can serve!)
But then she had a BRILLIANT idea that would help her daughter pay for her own phone bill, too!
As she implemented her plan, not ONLY did her daughter get the money she needed to pay the phone bill, she ALSO came away from the experience with insight and inspiration to meet ALL of her future goals.
Too often, we underestimate what our kids can do!
Check out her teenage daughter’s notes (below) from reading The Jackrabbit Factor and Portal to Genius, and then be sure to CLICK HERE to read the rest of the story, so you can find out exactly WHAT Livia did to help make all this happen.
Click below to read the FULL story at Livia’s blog!
Way to go, Livia!
Latest posts by Leslie Householder (see all)
- “We couldn’t pay our rent” - January 8, 2020
- “I wasn’t invited” - January 2, 2020
- Predicting Prosperity – Why your future is no secret - December 30, 2019