By Sandra Boyer
The Law of Perpetual Transmutation states that circumstances and things are perpetually coming or going according to your thoughts. Accordingly, you can control your own happiness, serenity and peace of mind by choosing what you think about and how you think about it.
Are you ever in a place of being sick and tired of being unhappy? Are you so unhappy in your unhappiness that you just say, “ENOUGH ALREADY?” This is exactly what happened to me!
It also happened to my husband. He said, “Enough already,” packed his bags and left to live on his own.
By that time, I had experienced enough of living in what I like to refer as “the deepest, darkest reservoirs of earth where all the scary creatures infest and crawl.” I finally had enough of that cold darkness. I wanted out of that nightmarish place. I wanted to stop hurting.
What to do? It was at this time that people and events came into my life to give me the answers I had been looking for. I learned then that thoughts create. “Really? Huh.” No wonder I was so miserable. I had been focusing mainly on negativity for so long and I was reaping a rather bounteous harvest. Yuck.
I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted but I knew what I didn’t want. That’s a start. Know what you don’t want and write down the exact opposite. That’s what you want. Keep your focus on your new list. That’s what I did.
I knew I wanted to be happy. I remembered that I used to be happy, but it had been so long that I had not only forgotten that feeling but even what to do to become happy. I wanted happiness back and I wanted to claim it NOW!
If thoughts create then my happiness was in my complete control! My thoughts dictated my emotional state. What a revolutionary idea. It wasn’t others who made me happy. It was I, and only I. I no longer remained in the victim mentality seeing others as instigators to my unhappiness.
I could do something about it. My happiness was long overdue. I remembered a quote from Abraham Lincoln, “People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” I decided to make up my mind right then. I also determined to believe my happiness was in my complete control and power.
I chose my own happiness and claimed it.
What to do?
One thing I resolved is that I would affirm over and over throughout the day, “I am happy. It’s my true nature to be happy. I AM happy.” Some days I would repeat it over a hundred times and others just a few.
This was a simple thing but this action had a profound effect. As I persevered in these thoughts, I had stirrings of happiness touch my heart. As I continued these affirmations, the intensity of those stirrings would increase and swell. Sometimes these feelings became all encompassing and my smile so full that my cheek muscles would ache.
Another trick I used was in my interaction with others. When people asked, “How are you?” no matter how I was feeling, I replied enthusiastically, “It’s a GREAT day!”
This response would often lift their spirits as well. Often they would reply, “It IS, isn’t it?”
These new thoughts and actions bore the desired fruit. I had countless people tell me how happy I looked. At first, I was a bit puzzled, even nonplussed. I thought, “Huh. This stuff REALLY works!”
And at other times no matter how I felt, I acted “as if” I was genuinely happy and in so doing, became happy.
Here are some powerful tricks:
- Get out of the victim mentality. Reclaim your being.
- Tell yourself that you’re happy over and over until you believe it.
- Watch or listen to shows that make you laugh and feel good.
- Avoid depressing news, newspapers or reports of any kind. I haven’t watched the news for years.
- Watch uplifting programs that feed your soul.
- Listen to uplifting talks in the car instead of music.
- Always respond to others with a cheerful smile and an uplifting greeting no matter your current emotional state.
- See the good. Keep your thoughts focused on good. There is always some good to be found in even the worst circumstances. Find it.
- If you become offended, find the good in the situation. Visualize sending the person/event your love and gratitude.
- Pray for your happiness and for those around you.
- No matter how you feel, act “as if” you are genuinely happy. It will become your reality.
With The Law of Perpetual Transmutation we learn that everything is either coming into or going out of form. Thoughts create. What did I want? I wanted to be happy. I made a conscious decision to focus my thoughts, words and actions on happiness and by so doing, created it!
- How to Thrive During a Difficult Challenge Using the Law of Vibration Or the Law Attraction - September 26, 2008
- How to Thrive During a Difficult Challenge Using the Law of Perpetual Transmutation - September 26, 2008
- How to Thrive During a Difficult Challenge Using the Law of Polarity - September 26, 2008