By Denise Webster
Do you ever feel like success and wealth are just out of your reach? Maybe you would really like abundance but subconsciously don’t feel that you deserve it. Perhaps you think that if you are rich, you won’t inherit the kingdom of God. All of these misconceptions can be thrown away when you really learn how you can achieve wealth and success.
In Matthew 25:15-28, the Lord gave three men different amounts of talents (money). The first two men returned and had doubled what they had been given. The last man, who was given the least, was afraid of losing it, so he buried it. Interestingly, the Lord rewarded those who had increased their money. When you ponder that parable, you learn that the Lord expects us to take all that He has given us and to increase it. In Doctrine & Covenants 104:13, 56, it states, “For it is expedient that I, the Lord, should make every man accountable, as a steward over earthly blessings, which I have made and prepared for my creatures…And if the properties are mine, then ye are stewards; otherwise ye are no stewards.” Ultimately, everything we have belongs to God and we are just stewards over what He has given us. We need to be responsible and accountable. Here are some things we can do to achieve abundance and increase our talents:
1. Have a Dream or goal – It is important to have a dream or a vision of what you want. Don’t dream for money. It is not money you want. It is what you can DO with money. Maybe your dream is to run a large company. Visualize the building, the employees, the activity.
2. Believe in your dream or goal – Believing that you will achieve your goal is crucial. Mark 11:24 says, Therefore I say unto you, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” This scripture says it all. ANYTHING you desire, ask, believe that you will receive it, and you will have it. It must be a righteous desire, something good to help your life or the lives of others.
3. Ask God – It is important to ask God for what it is you desire. He cannot give if we don’t ask. (It is kind of like women who just want their husband to KNOW what they want. They don’t want to come right out and ask, so the men never know what the women want.)
4. Don’t worry about How to achieve your goal – If you are fixed on your goal and believe with all your heart that you will receive it, then you don’t have to worry about HOW you will achieve it. The Lord will guide you or send people to you to help you accomplish your goal. In the book of Genesis, the Lord commands Noah to build an Ark. Not only that, but he had to fill it with two of each animal on the earth. Imagine what a big undertaking that must have been. Would you have wondered HOW on earth am I going to accomplish that? Well, the Lord knows HOW and he will help you with your goals, whatever the size, just as He helped Noah.
5. Listen, Learn, and Work – After dreaming about your goal, listen for promptings or thoughts that come to your mind, then ACT upon them. Learn skills, train, and just go to work. The people or ideas you need will be attracted to you and will come to you.
6. Understand the principles of abundance, scarcity, and the soul of money – It is important to know that God is abundant. He has created all we need on the earth to provide. If we believe that there isn’t enough to go around, then we are thinking in scarcity and that is what we will attract. In truth, there is enough for all if we are good stewards, and share what we have with others.
7. Give to Receive – Money is simply like water that flows through our lives. We may create a little dam or lake and create a reserve. But if we block up too much, then it will become stagnant and rotten and will serve no one. Money is simply a way to create value in our lives and in the lives of others. We need to give in order to receive. As you give, more will always come back. Be generous in giving to others. Pay a tithe. Malachi 3:10 states: “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
Achieving success and abundance is something that can come easily and naturally to you if you ask, believe, and put your life in harmony to receive.